Optium Group is a broker that offers a web trading platform. Optium Group offers trade on a large list of assets in the industry including currency pairs, energy, metals, commodities, stocks, indices and cryptocurencies.
There are 3 accounts available to choose from. Minimum deposit starts from $250.
Optium Group Webtrader platform claims to be the most popular trading platform used by traders of all levels.
Optium Group Scam
Detailed review shows that Optium Group is a scam broker that masquerades as a legitimate financial firm. They are not licensed by the US NFA or any other regulator in the world to offer Forex services, it is just an illegal firm operating out of the UK soil.
- Fake NFA license number
- Not regulated in the United states
- Not regulated in the UK
- Beware of bonus traps
- Fake profits
- High withdrawal fees
- Miniature trading platform
Should you trust Optium Group?
- Optium Group is unregulated as they should be regulated if they want to target customers on regulated markets like the European Union, including the UK.
- Unlicensed brokers like Optium Group do not have to report to a governing body. This means that if they scam you in any way, whether it be “glitches” or “malfunctions” causing server slippage in their system, or you go to make a withdrawal and they don’t process it (steal your money), you are out of luck. Beyond posting a bad review online, there is little you can do because these brokers have no legal authority to answer to.
- Bear in mind that unregulated brokers in general are completely uncountable for the way they handle your money, which makes any dealings with such entities extremely risky. Basically that is how people usually get scammed.
Is Optium Group Safe?
Optium Group is considered not safe, as it is not regulated and licensed by top-tier financial authorities, like the CySEC in Europe, UK FCA, the Australian ASIC, FSC in South Africa and the US CFTC.
The easiest way to check if a broker is licensed is by looking it up in the registry of the respective financial regulator – be it the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA). All of them keep such registers and they are publicly available.
Optium Group is an unauthorized and illegal broker. Deposits with this broker are not protected, the company can’t legally offer its services in almost any country. It is a total scam.
How Optium Group Works
You will notice how the scam broker works immediately you make a deposit to
their platform. Scammers will take deposits from you but never let you withdraw anything.
They will use many tactics to make you deposit more. When you ask for a withdrawal, scam brokers will present silly legal document and conditions that is out of the question as far as legit brokers are concerned. But it will just be a lie to get more money from you.
They will request that you send them more money while declining all your efforts to withdraw your deposits.
At this point, most people will realize that they have fallen victim to a classical Forex trading scam.
Optium Group provides a fake US NFA licensing number with the intention of defrauding unsuspecting individuals. It is not licensed anywhere in the world to render Forex services. This broker will steal your money, and that is why you have to stay away from it.